Blog of Note - Pirates in the Sky

Hey, I'm back with another interview! Today, I got to sit down with Evan Silver, founder of the website Pirates in the Sky. Pirates in the Sky is a Pirate101 blog/fansite run by Evan that I've peeked at here and there. Evan signed up as a blog of note in one of my posts, and I thought it was a great idea! Let's see what Evan has to say.




You run the blog "Pirates in the Sky". Tell us a little about it.


What is its backstory, how did it get started?

I started off writing my blog the day that I heard about Pirate101– April 25, 2012. I had tested the water with my previous Wizard101 blog, but I wanted to start at the very beginning of Pirate101. I wanted to get into the "blog-o-sphere" again and maybe try to become an official blog. I'm still on that road, and I'm looking forward to the future! I have now taken up blogging as a hobby, and love talking about Pirate101. I think that I didn't stop because I learned to use GIMP and that's something I really like about blogging.


What is the one thing you think shines the most in your blog?

I'm really proud of my edited photographs, although I know that they're not the best of everyone out there. As I said a little earlier, I have a lot of fun creating them, and I like to see how my readers react to them. It's really fun to edit images, and GIMP is pretty easy once you get the gist of it.


Alright, favorite post? Why? Least favorite?

I like a lot of my posts, but if I choose one, its probably "Pirate101 Abilities– Where to Train". I like this one because it goes deeper into Pirate101, and provides a little bit of my personal ideas. It also adds some community input on what most of the community picks. Least favorite? Well, I don't really like my news posts, the Tradewinds Tribune. Sometimes when I'm writing these I feel like I'm not being very original.


What is the one thing you want your readers to take away from Pirates in the Sky?

I like to write guides, and the community does too. I try to write a pretty good number around a wide variety of topics, and I think that's one of the things that I want to stick with my readers. I think that it's good that it's not only fun to write, but it can help a large number of people.



You play Pirate101, don't you? Tell us about your character(s)!

I have five characters, but have only really played on two of them. I have Evan Silver, the swashbuckling hero, who, currently, is sailing the sun-set skyways of Cool Ranch. My only alternate character that I'm playing on right now is Malorn Silver. He's a mysterious witchdoctor, and is mastering juju around Skull Island.


What is your favorite part of Pirate101?

I like all the parts of Pirate101! ;) But if I just have to pick one, it has to be companions. I hadn't experienced anything like that before, and I was certainly excited to try them out. Now I really like them, and I love getting a new one!


Sink or Slash? :)

Usually sink, because I play with friends. That doesn't make sense, does it? If my friends log on, I want to get as much questing as I can done with them, so we sink together. I find sinking more entertaining because not only is it real-time combat, but I need a break from all of the ground fighting. Plus, I enjoy a good ship fight!

Thanks for the interview!


Thank YOU, Evan! A link to Pirates in the Sky is HERE.

Keep Traveling!


Comments